E-Commerce Product Catalog Management: 8 Best Practices
Assuming that you’re an E-Commerce business, Xcentric Services wants to know that how do you confirm that your products are convenient online, trusted by your web store’s visitors, and transform into sales favorably? Usually, this comes down to practical E-Commerce product catalog management, after you’ve benefited from some reputable Magento E-Commerce Development Services in Pakistan.
So, what are the perks of having a managed E-Commerce catalog? What are the challenges businesses face while managing their product catalog online? In the world of E-Commerce, what are the best practices of catalog management? Don’t worry if you don’t know the answer to any of these because we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll be sharing every teeny tiny aspect you might need to know about E-Commerce Product Catalog Management, along with our tried and tested eight practical tips which you can willfully follow.
E-Commerce Product Catalog Management – THE CHALLENGES
Generally, businesses encounter four main hurdles when handling their product catalogs online. These cover;
- Involvement of Several Stakeholders – This can make managing and refreshing your product catalog tedious and time-consuming because you might need to update systems manually, frequently.
- Usability – All in-house product data demands to be decoded into explicit, customer-facing data. Additionally, you need to be sure that the product spread and categorization suit your consumers.
- Picking a Catalog Management Tool – This challenges you to have a broad understanding of both; The functions of the tooling choices and your business state.
- Business plus Catalog Growth: Business growth often indicates catalog growth. However, is your prevailing catalog formation ready to be developed? Any discrepancy or need of an organization in your current catalog structure can drive to difficulties when you’re developing your catalog.
Need Help? Read over, we’ve put together EIGHT BEST PRACTICES to help you overcome these challenges.
1. Achieve Quality Product Content
When handling your digital product catalog, your initial goal should be to assure that your consumers are content with buying from your E-Store. Being a business, you expect your website visitors to trust you, so they’re inclined to place an order.
Hence, to attain this goal, you need to present complete and precise data in your product catalog. And then only your potential consumers will begin trusting your brand. Though to begin with achieving quality in your product catalog’s content, consider these three aspects;
- Incorporate Extensive Information – Present all the features your consumers need to efficiently evaluate your products. This comprises of technological traits, illustrations, and product usage answers.
- Up-To-Date Information –Optimize your buyers’ shopping experience with up-to-date product information because it assists them to make choices. And for this reason, rather than manually updating the ever-changing inventory information, we suggest, Connect your Odoo ERP and your E-Commerce Site to make sure that your web store’s inventory is automatically updated.
- Illustrate Products with High-Quality Graphics – This will better draw the attention of E-Store visitors and keep them hooked to your business. Though if you’re not good at creating enticing visuals all by yourself, get in touch with a Digital Marketing Agency in Pakistan and get some Branding and Graphic Designing Services in Pakistan.
2. Categorize Your E-Commerce Product Catalog
Support your customers to effortlessly sail through your digital product catalog by granting them the opportunity to clarify, filter, and order product information on your web store. You can do this by orderly tagging and classifying all your stock.
However, you need to be sure that you’re doing this considering the buyer’s perspective of how they scan for product information on your website. For instance, if you’ve identified that your buyers often search for product information based on its material, make sure you do not restrict connecting them to size and shade only.
3. Map Out Catalog Management Processes
The engagement of several stakeholders makes E-Commerce catalog management a multifaceted process. One approach to win this challenge is to map out your catalog management process. Later on, you can track the position of your internal and external stakeholders along this process.
This mapping process accommodates a business with precise knowledge of;
- Parts of the Catalog Management processes touched by Stakeholders
- Who is influenced by Catalog Modifications?
- When are they affected during the process?
Hence, whenever an E-Commerce product catalog requires to be updated, the mapping process enables businesses to promptly locate the exact stakeholder they need to address.
4. Up-Sell and Cross-Sell with E-Commerce Catalogs
Recommending relevant products within your E-Commerce catalog is an accessible way to boost your average order value. For instance, let’s imagine our individual shopping experience; While you’re browsing for a new mobile phone, most E-Store’s will recommend you the best cases, AirPods, and other mobile accessories. How many times have you added those additionals to your cart? Though we know you’re guilty of it, but you always do. The reason behind this – It’s super helpful to buy everything needed in one go rather than searching again days later.
The pro-tip? Tempt your buyers with the same tactic.
5. Manage a Product Catalog Database
Considering that E-Commerce catalog management is a sort of information management, managing a database is an obligatory component of optimizing it. The below practices can help you retain a precise product catalog database:
- Retain a Single source of Authenticity – This indicates keeping your product information in one database only.
- Designate the Tasks and Authorizations – This way, each stakeholder handling the database will recognize their exact roles and responsibilities.
- Assess Data Expansion Feasibility – If you’re developing your business, alongside the product catalog, assess the data structures to see if it’s scalable.
6. Opt for a Catalog Management Tool
Numerous tools in the market can support you handle your E-Commerce product catalog. However, depending on your business’s calls, the management tools might vary. Though here’s a list of some super-efficient ones;
- An E-Commerce Platform – Magento E-Commerce Development Services in Chicago might help you with this one.
- Microsoft Excel
- An ERP Integrated E-Commerce Platform – If your E-Store is based on Magento, and you Need Help Integrating Magento Commerce with Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP, get some E-Commerce Platform Integration Services in Pakistan.
Though we suggest, no matter any solution you decide on, try to manage a single source of authenticity to evade product data duplication and errors.
7. Personalized B2B Product Catalog
If you operate a B2B business, you’ll probably have to trade with an added level of complexity because product prizes can vary by customer or order status. A reason why catalog personalization is an essential element to consider for a B2B web store. Hence, pay close attention to if you can control the prices advertised.
Additionally, if you wish to serve varied content to distinct customer segments, examine whether your E-Commerce solution assists tailor-made catalogs that ensure relevancy.
8. Complement Your Offline and Online Catalogs
If you are utilizing an offline product catalog in extension to your online catalog, you should consider balancing the two catalogs. For example, your offline catalog can work as an easy-to-read product sketch for a deep understanding and prompt choices. While the online catalog can attend as a comprehensive and up-to-date product knowledge heart for the deep-dive shoppers and comparers.